Wednesday 21 June 2017

Chickenpox Finally Arrived.

Back in May I took Alex to a routine doctors appointment for his eczema, and I mentioned the couple of spots I had noticed on his neck, but the doctor said they were probably either heat spots or connected to his eczema, however on the following morning (Saturday) I noticed a few more spots had appeared. Convinced that they looked like chickenpox, and as the doctors was not open I took him to the pharmacy and asked there. Again I was told that it could be heat related and that unless more appear etc then  it wasn't chickenpox. So I just had to wait and see. When Alex woke the next morning (Sunday) he was covered all over his body with spots and I instantly knew that my suspicions were correct and my little man had indeed got chickenpox. He was extremely itchy but coped very well. I was told by several friends that when their kids had had it that they were quite poorly with it, so I hoped that Alex wouldn't suffer, and luckily he didn't. He coped extremely well and was still a happy chap, despite being uncomfortable and itchy.  The spots that were the worst for him were  those that were on his feet, hands and face.

Thanks to another friends advice, we were able to get him what we call the miracle mousse. It is called PoxClin and is especially for children with chickenpox. It was amazing stuff and although it was a little pricey (£10.99) it was so worth it.



Alex was such a brave trooper and as a child who loves school, he was disappointed and upset that he wasn't allowed in, however as soon as he had the ok from the doctor, he was keen to go back, even if it was for the last 3 days of term before the half term break. I'm so glad that he had it now and got it out of the way. We had been wondering when he would get it as he always seemed to dodge it, however not so lucky this time. He handled it very well and got lots of snuggles and film days with mummy and he made me so proud, as he had asked for school work too so he didn't fall behind. He had a smile on his face the majority of the time despite all he was going through.
It was an emotional couple of weeks.

Love him
Happy, crazy boy despite everything.











No comments:

Post a Comment